Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Alive, but strangely different...

I survived it. The first year passed with no mysterious deaths or homicides. I'm still living, and suprisingly, still loving. And my husband and kids are all still living, also. So how does one get to this point in their life? The point where they suddenly realize that their life has taken a turn that they never expected it to take? When they finally realize that they have survived almost two full years as a working mother of twins.

That's where I am now. On a daily basis, at this point, I stop and think about where I am in my life. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a dancer and a singer. In jr. high, I added actor to that list. In high school my dreams became a bit more realistic-- I wanted to be a chemist who starred in Broadway musicals on the side. :) I was an excellent student. Really, too smart for my own good. I was bored when not in honors or AP classes. I LOVED my chemistry classes and my teacher. I hated homework-- it was so, so terribly much as waste of my time! Of course, looking back, I was kind of stupid in the way I approached things, but I was a kid.

Anyway, I graduated near the top of my class. I had a greater then 4.0 GPA. My future was so bright that I needed to wear shades. I went to college to become a chemist. I failed miserably. I had failed to learn the basics of studying and completing homework in high school. Nobody cared how much more brilliant I was than the rest of the population as long as I failed to excel in my classes. I became average. My future dimmed considerably. I changed schools. Tried new majors. Quit school to work and be average. I met my husband and got married. Became an average young woman. Then something extraordinary happened. I conceived a child. And not just ONE child, I conceived TWO children. My life changed and I have never looked back.

That brought me to where I am today. I have been married for a little more than 2.5 years. I have 21 month-old twins, and an almost 5-month-old baby. I work as an assistant at a financial firm. I am constantly broke, and beginning in a couple of weeks, I will be the sole provider for my family. My husband is soon to be a stay at home dad. Life is scary. And wonderful. And stressful and busy and hard and all of those adjectives that typically describe the life of a young, lower middle-class family of 5. And I look forward to sharing that life with you, the anonymous web audience.

So sit back, buckle up, and welcome to my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home