Thursday, March 22, 2007

Resolutions... or Revolution. You decide.

It's been a long time since I blogged, but last night, while lying in bad after being wakened by Deborah's cries to fetch her the YELLOW blanket - no, not THAT yellow blanket, the YELLOW blanket - I realized that I may be missing out on a unique opportunity to document your childhoods. I stopped taking pictures about a year or so ago, when our digital camera stopped uploarding to our now defunct computer, and when we got to the point where film for the 35mm was a luxury we just couldn't afford any more, let alone processing. So now, it's just special occassions that get pictures, and even then, the pictures usually come from relatives who are kind enough to share their digital pictures with us. So what's left? Nothing but stories that I manage to forget hours after they happen because I am usually too busy or distracted to remember my own name, let alone yours.

So here's to a new resolution. It doesn't matter to me that this resolution is taking place mid-March. I am proclaiming this my new New Year. In the last few days, I have taken a long, hard look at my life, and I don't like what I see. I feel like I am missing my life. Like it is going by in fast forward, and I am watching it whiz by me. I feel as if I am cheating my husband of a good marriage, and I am cheating my kids of a good mother, and a good childhood. I want you girls to look back on your childhood and remember all of the wonderful memories you have - not all of the things you missed out on. So here goes. A resolution. Maybe a revolution to topple my life as I know it, and replace it with a better one. One worth living.

Wish me luck, girls.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home