Friday, July 13, 2007

Does the Word Procrastination Mean Anything to You?

Yeah, I lied. I said I was going to start writing regularly. That was back in March. Here is it, 4 months later. No new entries. Until now.

So, what's happened since my last entry? My twins turned 4. I can't believe that I'm that much older than I was the day they were born. And hey, I guess that means that they are, too! I kind of forgot that it's important for them, too... Anyway, they had a birthday. Honestly, only 3 months later, I can't even remember their party. Which is weird because I am always excited to throw them birthday parties, and take lots of pictures, and celebrate the onset of a whole new year of their life. But with all of the work hours I have been putting in, and the lack of a camera, I can't even remember my name most days, let alone what I'm doing and who I'm with. Oh, WAIT. I remember. Well, I still don't remember much of the party, but I do remember making their F-ing cakes! I waited until midnight the night before the party to put them in the oven. Then, at around 1am, I ran to Wal-Mart to find something...ANYTHING... to top them with. Yep, there goes that procrastination thing again. I ended up buying Belle a My Little Pony figurine, and Gabby a Tinkerbell figurine, and some minitaure silk flowers. I used the toys as toppers, and used the flowers to accent. They actually turned out beautiful. Cake decorating is one of my talents - I just don't get to use it much. Which is WHY I wanted to make the girls' cakes myself... only I waited until the last minute, so it was more like hell than fun. Oh, and in my haste to get them finished and get my ass in bed, I made the buttercream frosting too milky, so it kind of sagged and ran here and there. But what the hell. They're only 4. But I digress...

This summer seems to be treating me okay. I had a few weeks off from the restaurant which gave me some much-needed R&R. I took some time off from my day job over the 4th of July, too, so I had 5 WHOLE CONSECUTIVE DAYS OFF without having to go into work of any fashion. It was fabulous. I recommend it once in a while...

My birthday came and went. Another year older. For the last time. It was the first of many 29th birthdays. I have declared that I will never turn 30. I will be 29, now, for the rest of my life. Convenient, huh?

Next up is Deborah's b-day. My baby is going to be THREE. *sob* She's not allowed to turn 3. EVER. I have procrastinated (there's that word again!) in putting her big-girl bed up... so she's still in her crib. She loves it in there, so I felt no need to hurry, but it's definately messing with her night potty training, so it's time. I just can't face that she's going to be 3. *sniffle*

So, we decided that since Doobs was getting upgraded, and since Gabby's legs have started to hang off of the side of her bed (they would hang off the end, but that darnned footboard is messing with her!! Damn the man - er - I mean, footboard!), that it was time to face the music that it's time the girls get out of their toddler beds. We have a set of bunk beds for them, but I just didn't want to go there yet. But we have to. So a friend is giving us some new twin mattresses and will be bringing them to D's b-day party in August, and that's when we'll bite the bullet and allow the twins to grow up. I guess if I have to... *stomps foot*

Oh, by the way, Belle gave me a black eye this morning. It's so VERY attractive, believe you me! I can't WAIT to go into work tonight... and let everyone see my gorgeous shiner! *eye roll* I wonder how long it takes for one of the regulars to ask me if my husband beats me. Too funny.

I suppose. Enough rambling. Suffice to say that the procrastination is over - well, as much as it can possibly be in my life - for a little while. I've got new sunshine in my life, and a new resolve. So wish me luck...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home