Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Happy 3rd Birthday, Doobs!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
At 1:05am, my baby officially turned three years old. Three years ago, she was born very quickly after a long, slow, labor. She was 6lbs 2oz and incredibly perfect. In the first few days that she was on this earth, the only noises that she made were these tiny, pitiful little squeaks. Those tiny little noises earned her the nickname "Sqeaker".




Now, my "squeaker" is quite a "Squawker". She's got a HUGE personality that packs a giant punch from her tiny little body. At just 25 pounds, Deborah weighs at 3 what Gabby weighed at a year. But she makes up for her size with her personality. And it scares me how much she is like me - I think that I could be in big trouble a little later...


The years have gone by so quickly. Yet so incredibly slow.



But on Saturday, when we took her crib down and suprised her with her big-girl bed, it struck me just how grown up she has become over the last year. She was incredibly excited, and has proven that she was ready for the responsibility of bed freedom; she has slept perfectly over the last few nights. It's as if she's biting her thumb at me and my bed paranoias, and saying, "HAH! And you DOUBTED me!" I admit, I was obviously wrong to be so worried - she's earned her bed...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And this morning, as if to announce to the world that she is now OFFICIALLY three, she woke up, got out of bed, and came downstairs by herself for the first time EVER. We have always had to go upstairs to get her - even over the last few days when she was in her new bed. But not this morning. A little symbolic, I guess.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So tonight we will be having a dinner by Deborah's request - Macaroni & Cheese and Cheeseburgers - and some birthday cupcakes. And I'll remember again the night that she entered my life with her huge, wide, newborn eyes, and her beautiful face. I'll remember the snuggling with her when we used to co-sleep, and the nights I fell asleep next to her while she breastfed. And the giggles and tears thats she shared with me over the last few years. And I'll look forward to the future - starting preschool next month, learning more about the world, and making new friends.



Here's to an amzing, perfect three years, and to the rest of your life.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home